Join the BJE Poultry family today!
Apply Here if you feel you would be a good fit for any of the open positions below.
Senior Live Operations
Up to $115,000 a year
Shift and Schedule
10 hour shift
Monday to Friday
BJE Poultry is looking for an experienced Live Operations Manager to oversee and manage the Broiler, Broiler Breeder, and Turkey Programs, as well as train and coach the Poultry Service technicians.
- Reports to the Director of Business Operations and assists with achievement of company goals and budgets
- Provides service to Broiler and Broiler Breeder, and Turkey Managers and Veterinarians to assist with achieving their responsibilities.
- Provides direction to marketing and logistics departments to assist with achieving their responsibilities.
- Provides education and training to Poultry Service Technicians.
- Provide service to our contract growers to achieve the best possible cash flow for their livelihood.
- Provide a quality product to our customers.
- Monitor and approve all scheduling and SOP’s that are developed with the organization.
- Provide service to all Breeder, Hatchery, Feed Mill, Veterinarian and Live Haul personnel in order to accomplish our agreed upon goals and budgets.
- Interact and engage industry personnel that effect our business
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Poultry Science, Animal Agriculture, Science, Business or related degree preferred.
- 6 years’ experience in poultry production; or equivalency of 8-10 years of work experience (in Broiler and/or Broiler Breeders) and educational background.
- Strong knowledge of animal husbandry.
- Good computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint) skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Display strong problem solving, organizational and analytical skills.
- Must be willing to be on call as needed.
- Handle multiple priorities and meet critical deadlines
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $115,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Broiler and/or Broiler Breeder: 6 years (Required)
Work Location: In person
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as Indeed is not responsible for the employer’s application process.
Senior Poultry Service
This person would be responsible for live production of breeder broilers. They would also be responsible for directing the contract growers in their daily duties by monitoring the health of the poultry. Poultry experience required.
As a Poultry Catcher, you’ll be a member of a team traveling to a number of poultry farms to catch live birds and load them safely into module drawers for shipment.
Locations needed: Selinsgrove, PA and New Oxford, PA
I love working for BJE Poultry because it is family-oriented, I have a flexible schedule, and I see great team work happening!
Courtney Figard, Poultry Service Technician
I love working for BJE because it’s about being more than a number, and because I know that my efforts do make a difference.
Justin Barlup, Director of Sales Operations